As you all know, we have been working on a complete restructure of our service for a while now. The new structure lets us expand our service much faster, without any scalability issues. I am happy to tell you that our system is almost ready to go out. All the visible changes are in our dashboard, there will be no change on the widget side. We sent it out to a handful of members last week, and we have only got positive feedback (and a list of bugs to fix!).
Here’s a short list of changes and improvements in the new release:
- The UI of our dashboard has been completely changed and re-designed. Things may not be where you used to see them, but you should be able to find them easily, at least we hope so!
- We have completely changed and redesigned the backend, which is not really visible on the front end. But trust us, Fotomoto is going to be even more solid, and expanding it will be much easier! Beside the complete UI makeover, you will see a lot of enhancements in the process. For example, you will immediately see the uploaded image and will be able to compare it to the ordered image. There’s a long list of small improvements, and you will get to see them soon!
- There is also one new major addition to the functionality on the front-end: Collections. With this new concept, you can have several different “Collections” with different product offerings and pricing, and assign your photos to these collections. With the introduction of Collections, we won’t need to offer individual photo pricing anymore.
- We are in the process of porting all of our servers to Amazon. This may cause some hiccups in our service during the next week. Please be patient with us. Also, if you are using any access blocker or firewall on your system (this could be in your .htaccess file), and you are using our server IPs (instead of using *.fotomoto.com) you will have to update your configuration to allow our new servers access your photos. We strongly suggest giving access to *.fotomoto.com (instead of using IPs).
- We are updating the image thumbnails and preview database, so we can show bigger and better quality images in the new dashboard. With literally millions of images in our database, it may take a little while to update all images. If you don’t see the thumbnails / previews in the new dashboard, wait for a couple of days, and then let us know.
- We have a new “feedback” button in the Dashboard that let’s you quickly send us your feedback, comments, or let us know something is not working the way it should.
Our new system will be activated next week. We know that it took us a long time to get this out, and we are running behind on several things. But with new funding and a bigger team, things will move faster and smoother. We will have a series of updates and feature releases right after this big release. We would love to get your feedback and comments. Please use our forum to discuss the changes, things you like there, and things you like to see there. We’re working hard to make you love Fotomoto even more!